When planning a trip to study abroad, you should ask yourself a few questions:

  • In which city of China would you like to study? The territory of China is vast, rich in natural resources, – each city has its own highlights. The northern cities of China, like girls from rich families, are full of grace; the southern cities are like a girl from a poor family, they are both soft and have preserved generosity; the coastal megacities are the avant-garde, the lighthouses that set the development of style, the cities of Central China-although far from the noise of events, but they have preserved the characteristic features of ancient China.
    Once in China, would you like to enjoy the advanced trends of China or inhale the aroma of ancient times? Would you like to personally see Chinese temples and gazebos or huge skyscrapers? Would you like to watch the sunrises by the sea, the tides and ebbs, or cling to the high mountains to hear their impetuous song?
    · What kind of environment in an educational institution is comfortable for you?
    Universities in China are divided into multidisciplinary and specialized. Multidisciplinary schools offer a wide range of subjects, faculties of both natural sciences and humanities, a powerful research base, and a large-scale training system.
    Specialized universities do not have such a wide choice of specialties, they are more concentrated around a certain profile; the territory of the university, as a rule, is not large, and student extracurricular life often has a professional orientation.
    · What program would you like to study in?
    Higher educational institutions of the People’s Republic of China offer foreign students higher professional education (academic) and courses (non-academic).
    Higher professional education includes vocational, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs; the categories of courses are advanced training and research programs. When receiving higher education, training is carried out in accordance with the curriculum approved by the supervising ministry. Upon graduation, educational institutions are awarded diplomas and certificates of an academic degree.
    Those who have completed advanced training courses and various types of training receive Certificates of completion.
    · What specialty attracts you?
    Chinese universities offer foreign students a choice of hundreds of specialties. For high school graduates, the choice of a specialty is usually based on personal preferences and requirements – choose what suits you and what you like. Well, after graduation – when recruiting for master’s and doctoral studies, many universities impose certain requirements on previous academic achievements in their studies, requesting letters of recommendation, published articles, etc. from applicants.
    · How do you plan your budget?
    We recommend that you carefully calculate the costs of studying abroad. Tuition expenses are divided into state-paid / scholarship expenses and out of their own funds. State-funded / scholarship programs-from the funds of the Government of the People’s Republic of China or other educational funds, from their own funds-are paid by the students themselves.
    When planning tuition expenses for foreign students, you should not count on instant receipt of a scholarship or on part-time work outside of school hours or other monetary resources, you should not rely on this.
    The expenses of foreign students in China are relatively low, but it depends on the place of residence and needs. In Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and some coastal megacities, prices are higher than in the central part of China – megacities are characterized by a high standard of living, a variety of entertainment and a busy life, which, of course, affects the costs.
    · What is the duration of training you expect?
    Choose a training program according to the amount of time you plan to spend on training. Programs for learning Chinese are often flexible and are compiled depending on the requirements of the student, sometimes individual classes are provided.
    The language programs offered are usually for one semester, an academic year, or short-term courses (some short-term courses take place at a set time, while others have a different study period). For higher professional education, the time frame is clearly set: for a bachelor’s degree, it is four to five years of study, for a master’s degree – two to three years, and for a doctoral degree – from three to five years.
    · When would you like to start training?
    In most universities of China, higher education programs begin in the fall (more often, in September), which sometimes does not coincide with the system of Western universities – where two-semester terms for starting studies. In some universities, however, the programs begin in the spring semester. Language course programs designed for one semester start twice a year-in the fall and spring, and those designed for one academic year start only in the fall; for short-term courses, the study period may vary. In Chinese universities, holidays are held: in winter-about one month, in summer-about two; as a rule, there are no classes during the holidays. At the language courses, the curricula are arranged in accordance with the generally accepted terms of holidays.
    Please note that some universities may specify “anytime” in the “start of training” column, which means that training can be started at any time, except for summer and winter holidays and holidays (annual winter holidays are from January to February, summer holidays are from July to August).
    · When should I apply?
    It should be noted that universities set a deadline for submitting applications: that is, after a certain date, applications are not considered, and the application fee is not refunded. It usually takes four to seven weeks for a university to review an application. Please pay the application fee in advance; – thus, you will guarantee timely receipt of enrollment documents, you will be able to apply for a visa on time and start studying.
    Think about the above questions and start your preparation for studying in China.